Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Feel like Dancing!

I love these long summer days up here in Utah. It's finally May and we are all crossing our fingers in hopes that it will finally stop snowing. Day three and it looks like rain so far. We'll see.
I am having a wonderful summer so far and I am certainly keeping busy.
Last week was a fun-filled week.
I worked all week - I absolutely love my job! We have been getting busier and busier as the days go on as our department and business continues to grow. I love the people I work with, especially the people on my team. It certainly makes work more enjoyable to work with great people - even if I have to wear nylons every day.
I attend a student ysa ward in a pre-marriage stake (as my stake president likes to call it) which means that most of the members in my ward go to the LDSBC - students.
Recently that has all been changed.
Our stake and ward boundaries have all been adjusted and we are now regular ysa wards and stakes as opposed to student wards and stakes. You now attend the ward based off where you live - geographically vs. attending a ward because you attend that university.
On Tuesday, four stakes were invited to attend a special meeting where they showed maps of where the new stake boundaries were. We sat at the feet of Elder M. Russell Ballard and listened to other speakers like Sister Julie B. Beck and other area seventies. What an experience!
Wednesday I went to the Temple with my boyfriend - I love those date nights :)
Friday night I went on a date! My boyfriend and I went out to eat together and then we went bowling - and lets just say that he owes me a scoop of ice cream :)
We drove around for a bit and enjoyed each others company and the beautiful scenery on our drive - the sunset was beautiful.
We came back to my apartment and watched a movie with my roommate and her boyfriend.
Saturday morning, I got up early and my boyfriend came over to my apartment. Still in our PJ's, we made chocolate chip pancakes together and ate breakfast together.
Later we went to his house and I cut his hair.
That's right - I cut his hair.
We ran a few errands at the mall and then we went out for lunch. We stopped and took pictures at this beautiful granite church building on our way to feed the ducks.
Well, mostly seagulls.
They are so funny! I loved it!
I loved spending the day having that one-on-one time with my boyfriend. :)
Later that evening we played grounders with a group of our friends - had a blast.
Sunday was the day we figured out our ward boundaries. We met our new bishoprics and I am so excited for next Sunday! The only thing I am bummed about is that I am now in a 1pm ward and I am no longer in the same ward with my boyfriend :(
This week has been fun too.
I am still going strong - My roommate and I still go jogging every morning. We leave a little earlier now, we like to walk out the door around 8am and we have been going around the neighborhood near where we live instead of going around the complex all the time. Its been nice to get a scenery change.
Monday, I worked from 12 to 5 and then my boyfriend and I went grocery shopping. It's so nice to have food in the house! I made a budget for the month of May and I evaluated April's budget.
Tuesday I worked from 12 to 4 and then I spent a little time with my boyfriend before he went to the Temple. I went over to a friend's house for a while and spent some time with her. Super nice - I hadn't seen her in a while. We walked around her cute little neighborhood; admiring the houses as we walked past and I wished the whole time that I had had my camera on me...
We went to the store and grabbed some chips to go with our homemade dip and later my boyfriend came over too and we all watched a movie.
Today I got up early and jogged with my roommate again - I'm starting to like it more. I feel like in the past I haven't always really liked jogging... but man if I had a bike, I would be out all the time!
Anyways, I worked from 12 to 3. There wasn't much for me to do today, and because I worked extra on Monday, I left early today..
I called my brother for his birthday! Wow he is nineteen years old now, and a soon-to-be missionary! I am so proud of him! This will be the last time I can call him for his birthday for two years..
I went to the Temple with my boyfriend and then we took the trax to his place. We made grilled cheese sandwiches together, watched the kitchen pipe under the sink break and spray water, watched a good movie, and then he drove me home. Such a nice evening. ha.
Life for me is so good. So good.
I've been up to everything from hiking Ensign peak, attending different Temples that I don't normally go to, going to jump-on-it on a double date, planning a trip to Oregon next week, exercising more, eating healthier, reading my scriptures more, paying better attention to my finances, working, ultimate Frisbee in the park, trips to TCBY, and just stretching myself more and more.
Man, life is so good, I feel like dancing all the time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment