Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Summer Days

Ah... It feels wonderful to be done with school for a few weeks. Summer has finally arrived, and I plan on making the most of it. This summer will be one to remember!
One of my roommates was recently engaged so she moved out. We were really blessed to find a new roommate so quickly. I have a feeling that our new roommate and I are going to get along just great.
1. We both drink skim milk.
Do I need to say more?
Well, she has motivated me to get out and exercise with her each morning. I get up early and jog and walk fast with her around the block a few times each morning and then come back home and stretch and do some sit-ups.
I feel so good! It really makes my day. If I can exercise, I can do anything! ha. (Even blog!)
So my new morning routine goes something like this:
I get up around 8:30 and exercise with my roommates for 30 min. Then I eat breakfast and take a shower. I read my scriptures, do my hair and make-up, and get dressed for the day. I check my email or hop on facebook. Make my bed if I have time. Pack a lunch and walk out the door around 11:20.
I work from 12-4 each day now and I love this new schedule! I love my job too. Lately we haven't been very busy, but soon we will be.
I got off work at 4 and meet up with my boyfriend and he drove me home. Later that evening I went to FHE with him and some friends.
FHE this week was a road show/stake skit night. We put on a pretty funny skit, and it was super fun.
A friend of ours worked down the street from the institute building and had access to a theater where we could watch a movie.
We ordered pizza and watched kung-fu panda.
Awesome night.
Tuesday I had the same morning routine and work schedule. When I got off at 4, my boyfriend and I drove over to his house so that he could change his clothes and grab a recipe.
My boyfriend and I made a to-do list of the things we wanted to do together. One of the things on our list is to find a new recipe and cook together. We cook together often, but we usually make things that we eat regularly.
We made a really great meal; a chicken with rice and peas and cream of chicken soup. yummm...
It was a nice day, so we drove to the park and went for a walk around the block (2 miles)
I had a gift card to Spoon Me so we went there and split a yogurt treat. I love that place...
After that we went to his house and played a few games with some friends including a game that I had never heard of before.
We drove to the park and went over to the playground to play a game called 'grounders'
One person is 'it' and with their eyes closed, they have to make their way over to the playground and tag someone. The other players must stay on the playground. If they choose to hop off the play ground and walk over to another side in order to avoid being tagged, they must do so quickly and silently, for if the player who is 'it' calls 'grounders!' - which they can shout at any point whenever they wish to - then whoever is on the ground is now 'it' as well. Eventually, more and more people get tagged and are it until it narrows down to the last two players. Who ever does not get tagged, wins the game.
Super fun!
Wednesday (today) was a super day too. Again, beginning with the same routine and work schedule that ended at 4. My boyfriend and I went to the Temple together and then came back home and ate left-overs from our delicious meal from the night before. We made a trip to TCBY with our friends and then had a movie night.
It has been kinda rainy this week, except for Tuesday. But as the days go on, they keep warming up. And these summer times are the ones I want to remember always..

No comments:

Post a Comment