Sunday, April 3, 2011

Remember Me?

Hey, remember me? The one who made it her goal to blog more often? Well, I've dusted off my computer and I'm back again! Life has certainly kept me extremely busy since last I posted. Aww, it feels good to free write again! Allow me to update you. The new semester started in January; fresh and bright. Gotta love a clean slate. I love a new school year; freshly sharpened pencils, new classes and friends, and lots of homework. Well not so much that last one... This semester my classes include: Math 97 (don't judge me), geography, foundations of learning, English 201, and psychology. I arranged my schedule so differently this semester than I ever had in the past. I have all my classes back-to-back Monday, Wednesday, Friday, starting at 8:50 am to 2:30 pm; each class being an hour long. I kinda like it that way; why didn't I think of it before? I like having one class right after the other, instead of spread out. I still have the same calling in my ward, and I absolutely love it! It certainly keeps me busy and I love the sisters in my ward so very dearly. I am learning all the time and I wish that I could do more... Well, those things you knew about. So whats new? I am now a working and going to school girl. That's right, I got a job! Before Christmas break, I applied for several jobs for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Over the break, I was called and asked to meet for an interview for one of the jobs. When I came back to Utah for school, I was interviewed and then required to take a computer skills test. My computer had several technical difficulties which delayed the whole process, however, I was blessed with part time employment for the church. I love working for LDS Family Services and it has been such a great blessing in my life to be employed so quickly, and at this time in my life. I started in the beginning of February and I work about 19 hours a week. Last week marked my four month anniversary of dating my boyfriend. He is such a wonderful part of my life and I enjoy my time spent with him very much. He means a great deal to me. My sister will be having a baby in September! This is very exciting news for our family; this baby will be the first grand baby on our side of the family. I'm an aunt! We are excited about this little blessing in our lives. My younger brother puts in his mission papers in TODAY!! I am so excited for him; he should get his call in two weeks or so. I can hardly believe my little brother is all grown up and will be serving a full time mission. My younger sisters are great. I love the videos my dad sends me of their orchestra concerts; they really make me happy. My older brother is someone to be proud of. I'm grateful for his example of hard work, patience, and his good example when it comes to dating. I really appreciate it. The same goes for my oldest sister. What would I do without her? She is always there for me and always knows just what to say. She and her husband are incredible examples to me of what a good marriage should be like. (Both of my married sisters are wonderful examples of that) and I am very fond of and look up to both of my brothers-in-law. My family members are all examples of the believers to me and I'm grateful that I got lucky enough to be with them. I need them. I will be graduating from LDS Business College in the next few weeks when school gets out! I am very excited. Seems like only yesterday I was first up here visiting the college! I will have to take classes over the summer to finish up a few credits, but I will be walking very soon. I get out of school on April 13th and graduation will be the following day. I'm very excited that my mother will be flying out for my graduation. I'm also excited that my sisters and Jr (the baby) will be coming as well. Allow me to share a few personal thoughts. This is such an important time in my life, what an amazing year this will be. I am finishing up and graduating from college, working and preparing to serve a mission, and dating the love of my life. I plan to walk in April, take a summer semester that starts in June and ends in mid August (then I will be officially done), start my mission papers in August and completely submit them by September 1st, work until I turn 21 in December, and hopefully be off on a mission by January or February of 2012. I hope to be a great missionary; I have always dreamed of it. I can hardly wait to be out as a missionary, and then return to my family and my sweetheart. It's not too far away. Just five short months until I can begin the process of putting my papers together, and then another five after that and I'll be wearing a tag for eighteen months serving the Lord somewhere in this world where He needs me to be. I'm pretty sure that's the plan. I feel like the Lord will trust my decisions and I know that He will direct my path. Whatever I choose, He will support me. If I make a wrong choice, I know that he will redirect me for good. These are the things of my life, the things that I am going through now - at least this is the very surface of my feelings. Life is busy and often times filled with difficult decisions and stress, but coversely very happy! Very happy indeed. I have often reflectd on my life a year ago and I am so much happier now than I was then; I have come a long ways and I plan to continue onward a long ways. I am so happy! Happier then I have been in a long time. I have so much going on, but I have so many blessings and so much to be grateful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment